Friday, July 2, 2021

The Greatest Loss


On June 21, 2021, at 9:20 PM the light in the eyes of my wife, Christina Iren Horvath, ceased to shine.  Her family was with her: our two daughters, Livia and Raquel, and me.  She will be greatly missed; she was a beacon in our lives.

While she was taking her last breaths of life Raquel was playing her clarinet, and Livia was comforting her telling her that we were there, that she was not alone, I was holding her hand.  In the last second, I felt her grip getting slightly tighter, then a slow release as two big pearls came down her cheeks and her breathing stopped.  I think that she was sad that she was leaving us, that we will miss her.

I am very proud of our girls and I know that Christina, as a new angel in the firmament, is also proud of them.

We lost Christina to Glioblastoma (GBM) a very aggressive type of brain cancer.  All GBMs types are grade IV and, as of today, there is no cure for it.

The objective of this blog is to honor my family and the memory of my wife Christina.  I will write about some highlights of her journey since she was diagnosed in February 2020.  I will also write about the things I wanted to do, things we did, our lives together, how we met, and our story, how it matured and reached divine heights.

I used to tell my wife that I dreamt of her when I was a child and that is the reason she existed, and I existed to accompany her through every road she was going to take no matter how sweet or difficult.

Perhaps this blog will help me heal her loss, but that is not why I am writing it.  I write because that way I bring her alive again in my mind.  My children will read it and will learn about their mother and will understand the way they are today because she forged them that way.

I will write it all

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a Long Time Since I've Seen Her

To our daughters; I learned so much from your mother!  She was my lover and my bosom friend.    The summer of 1992 was running in earnest an...