Sunday, March 27, 2022

Dream with Red Cobblestone Streets

 



What happens when we dream?  Dreams are made of images, sounds, and events, most of the time chaotic, sometimes sweet, sometimes scary.  Dreams seem to have a sudden start; at least that is what we remember, which might or might not be associated with its last mist.

I still remember one of the most epic dreams from my childhood; it happened so long ago, but it created an impression; I dreamt of a horse.  The dream starts by opening my tin soldier box and there it was, gallant, ready to take me into battle.  I picked the horse from the box and placed it on the palm of my hand to admire it.  The horse looked at me and I was surprised because I knew that it was a tin horse! Then, the unimaginable; the horse grew until it became a giant horse.  Suddenly, I am standing on the horse while looking at my surroundings as if I am looking from the stars.  "Is this real?"

When I woke up I went to the tin soldiers box to look for my horse, and there it was.  I looked at its face, but it did not move.  That day the little tin horse accompanied me to school; I knew it was in my bag; all I had to do was look inside; "there you are little tin horse!".  That night I wanted to have the same dream, but it did not happen.

Children discuss their dreams in their social circles, it is a storytelling activity, so much fantasy!  It is sad that as adults we do not talk about them anymore.  Perhaps these dreams reveal that we are human, have feelings.

Every night I leave the door of my room opened a few inches. I enjoy doing that because when it is dark outside of my room and I have my night table light on, the entire composition creates a mystic shadow and my mind places my wife looking through the opening; I can even see her there with a smile. "Is this real, or is it my heart soothing me?"

"You can come in and join me any time you want...  good night Christina".  After that, I close my eyes hoping to see my beloved.

Last night I was rewarded.  I am riding my bike through some old European town with red cobblestone streets.  "Why I cannot feel the cobblestones?"  I looked down and my bike is floating very close to the road without touching it - "Oh, that is why!".  Up ahead I hear the voice of a street vendor - "Polascinta! Get yours now, they are nice and warm!"  The street chant made me raise my head to look ahead to see a woman in the distance wearing a long green skirt waving as she walked - "I know you!" - and raced to reach the vendor who was walking graciously holding a big tray with both arms.  When I reached the vendor I was greeted with a smile; it was Christina then my bike kept moving forward while I had my eyes fixed on her face - "beautiful".

Then I woke up.  It was so real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a Long Time Since I've Seen Her

To our daughters; I learned so much from your mother!  She was my lover and my bosom friend.    The summer of 1992 was running in earnest an...