Saturday, May 21, 2022

Blood Wine

 


It has been 11 months...

Today, like every month, I sat next to my wife and unleashed memories, like tornadoes with their own breathing pattern, their own heartbeat; powerful and full of energy.  I played my trumpet; my own version of "Silence".  After June 21st, 2021, I decided to do something for my beloved and selected the task of playing the trumpet.

As the hour approached; we watched an old family film. My wife was absolutely gorgeous; the most beautiful woman the sun has seen, she was mine.  Many years ago when our daughters were very young we went to "Dinotown", a dinosaur theme park in Chilliwack.  We had a great time that day and I captured the festive mood with our movie camera.  I remember the smell of the grass and the fragrance of my wife's skin baked by the sun.

At the hour; I lit her candles and cried...

I felt mad with rage.  Why did she have to leave?  A piece of paper was near me and I picked it up to allow my fury to flow uncontrollable and wrote this:


I drink blood wine, dark, bitter,

Drowning my soul will not help me forget.

Blood wine, blood wine,

Hurts as it runs through my insides,

Prisoner of this silence burning thick and constant.

Blood wine, blood wine,

The flames of your memories hug me hard,

To thirst for your presence,

Rage at your departure, I cannot control it.

Blood wine, blood wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a Long Time Since I've Seen Her

To our daughters; I learned so much from your mother!  She was my lover and my bosom friend.    The summer of 1992 was running in earnest an...