Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Year One

 


We miss you so much, Christina.

I remember looking at Christina from a distance while she worked in her garden not knowing that the instance would not be infinite.  It is one of my favorite memories of her. She always reminded me of a little girl playing in the mud, so innocent, absorbed in whatever she had in between her fingers.  I loved her. "So busy planting, creating, taking care of her universe."

Now she lives in this space.

While I work from home, every hour or so I take a little break and visit the garden, where she would be taking care of her plants. I do my best to look after them to honor her memory but also to feel her presence next to me.

My daydream includes my wife in the same physical space as me because she was there; on the same ground, at different times.




I remember long ago I told my wife that I kiss the ground she walks on and she replied to that "You better go to the garden and start kissing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a Long Time Since I've Seen Her

To our daughters; I learned so much from your mother!  She was my lover and my bosom friend.    The summer of 1992 was running in earnest an...