Monday, August 1, 2022

When I Think On You

 


When I sit to think on you I think long,

The sea, the sky, the stars, there is always more.

If I cannot find the words then let memories fly,

Sounds, knocks, music, water, silence, there is always more.


When I sit to think on you I pause long,

And float suspended in this mist waiting,

Waiting for you long, to become light,

For me to sleep away swimming in warm milk.


When I walk to think on you I walk long,

My feet hurt and I only notice silence.

You do not hold my hand, nor kiss my face; those are the rules,

And I do it again the next day hoping for a different end.


When I sit to think on you I think long,

To see you sitting calmly on the opposite shore.

One day I will close my eyes to swim to you,

And I will think no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a Long Time Since I've Seen Her

To our daughters; I learned so much from your mother!  She was my lover and my bosom friend.    The summer of 1992 was running in earnest an...