Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Giving Without Asking For Anything In Return


Today is another month since we do not have Christina's physical presence.  This, however, does not mean we stopped experiencing the benefits of her legacy.  Like a music piece created centuries ago, what Christina gave us stays here with us, even after we have departed to join her.

Is the world today better off because Christina lived in it?  This does not mean people praising her for what she did but for what she gave us which made our life better and we do not even notice.  Personally, I would not be here writing if it hadn't been for the life she gave me, our children would not be who they are, their qualities, and the amazing things that they will do in the future; all of that is for what their mother gave them.  She gave us her essence with no expectation of return.

How many people are enjoying the result of her efforts and dedication to the things she did?

I have many stories in my blog without an end, but at this moment I feel like writing this.  At noon I visited "The Rock" where her physical remains reside.  After a moment of silence, we had our usual "conversation" and returned home.

One of Christina's favorite pieces of music was Toccata and Fugue in D minor by Bach.  We have a keyboard at home and can play a few small passages, and when I play I play for her.  I need to learn the piano correctly to play the entire thing!  If you are reading this, today play that piece and join us while it plays.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a Long Time Since I've Seen Her

To our daughters; I learned so much from your mother!  She was my lover and my bosom friend.    The summer of 1992 was running in earnest an...