Tuesday, October 18, 2022

A Birthday Gift


A few days back while having dinner the girls asked me "dad, what are we going to do for mom's birthday?"  I told them that we could have Chicken Paprikash, her favorite food and that we could even bring to The Rock a birthday gift for her.  The girls looked a little surprised or perhaps concerned at the thought that "dad is going mad".

For a present to Christina, I suggested an Elf's garden house.  They agreed, and even if they did it just to please me I was happy with the thought of a gift.  The next day I went to the cemetery and talked to the attendant and explained what I wanted to do.  The answer was that putting an elf's house would be against the rules, then I asked "I can put anything I want on the rock, right?" and that was OK. 

Christina received her birthday present.  I would like to believe that now after we placed the door and windows on the back of the rock, a magic door has been opened and her spirit can pass through that door into a fairy world where everything is bright and beautiful. 

The windows glow at night!  If you have a fairy house in your garden, know that perhaps tonight my wife will be your guest.




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a Long Time Since I've Seen Her

To our daughters; I learned so much from your mother!  She was my lover and my bosom friend.    The summer of 1992 was running in earnest an...