Monday, November 21, 2022

Je Me Souviens


Every 21st day of each month will live in my memory as long as I exist. Late morning, I visited the cemetery and brought flowers to The Rock.  Later in the twilight of the day, I visited The Rock again, this time accompanied by Raquel.  We took a few Christmas balls of different colors to adorn one of the bushes in the proximity.  We also took a ceramic little house with a light inside.  After our tasks were completed, Raquel and I stood in silence for a few minutes looking at the site where her mother rests.

At this time of the year, sunset arrives early in British Columbia, and at about 4:30 PM it is very dark outside.  After dinner and around 7:30 PM I visited the cemetery again.  I wanted to see the little ceramic house lit.  It looked beautiful and more so as some of the glass balls adorning the neighboring bush reflected, dimly, the light of the little house.  I am sure Christina loves it.

The rest of the cemetery looked very peaceful at that time of the night, especially because of the many candle lights flickering in the immensity of the field, like stars in the sky, adorning the resting place of other mortals.  It is a sad beauty and I could not avoid being drowned in grief at the loss of my wife.

When I arrived home I refuged myself in our stories. Read them all.  I laughed and cried and our memories flew, recorded, and yet to be written.  I have been blessed with the privilege of having Christina as my wife.

She will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a Long Time Since I've Seen Her

To our daughters; I learned so much from your mother!  She was my lover and my bosom friend.    The summer of 1992 was running in earnest an...